NOTE: FOR INFORMATION ON OUR 25TH ANNUAL NYE SOCIAL DANCE AND WORKSHOPS EVENT, GO TO THE CALENDAR LINK and SELECT THE APPROPRIATE INFORMATION PAGE
Please bear with us as we continue to rebuild our website. More information is being added as quickly as possible to keep you up-to-date on the Chapter's activities.
USA DANCE, INC-Tidewater shall function as the local chapter of the USA Dance, Inc. (herein referred to as "USA DANCE, INC-National"). USA DANCE, INC-National is a non-profit corporation organized to promote social and competitive ballroom dancing to people of all ages. USA DANCE, INC-Tidewater shall:
- Abide by the Bylaws, Rules and Policies adopted by USA DANCE, INC-National and to insure Chapter activities are in full compliance with all National and Chapter by-laws.
- Recruit new members to USA DANCE, INC-Tidewater from, and serve the needs of, the residents of the Tidewater area, including Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, and Chesapeake. The Tidewater Chapter will not infringe upon the recruiting area of its adjacent sister chapters (Williamsburg, Richmond, Tri-Cities)
- Act as a liaison between the Chapter's members and USA DANCE, INC-National;
- Engage in activities that serve to promote and support amateur ballroom dancing in the Tidewater area;
- Hold local ballroom dances, competitions, and contests;
- Present exhibitions by local, regional and national amateur and professional dancers;
- Encourage dancers at all levels to increase their skills;
- Encourage local secondary, high school and college students to participate in ballroom dance;
- Inform the public about ballroom dance instruction and places to dance;
- Establish cooperative relationships with, information about, and exposure to, local dance studios and independent dance instructors;
- Encourage Chapter members to participate in a variety of Chapter activities and leadership opportunities;
- Remain autonomous in the governance of the Chapter's affairs, except for compliance with the Bylaws, Rules and Policies of USA DANCE, INC-National; and not delegate determination or control for matters central to such governance to, nor maintain any affiliations with, any organization, except USA DANCE, INC-National, that would bind the Chapter to the other organization's rules or decisions;
- Not carry on propaganda for, participate in, or intervene in any political campaign (including the publication or distribution of statements) on behalf of any candidate for public office; and
- Not carry on any activities not permitted to be carried on by a corporation exempt from Federal income taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or the corresponding provision of any future U.S. Internal Revenue Law) or by a corporation, contributions to which are deductible under Section 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or the corresponding provision of any future U.S. Internal Revenue Law).