USA Dance Chapter #6008
You are here:
Sep. 20th thru Sep. 29th, 2013
National Ballroom Dance Week - Sept. 20 - Sept. 28, 2013
Partnership with Pembroke Mall for a special event on Sept. 21st, 2013 from 11am - 3pm for performances that will start with a Flash Mob Routine everyone can participate in, followed by local studio performances. Dancers could also participate in the Flash Mob at an additional event on August 4, 2013 at the Grand Re-Opening event at Pembroke Mall.
Flash Mob Classes will be offered at various locations in July, August and September. The routine consists of a Cha Cha, Swing/Jive, & Hustle routine that is easy enough for beginners to participate, with practice.
We will post a demo video in July on our website and on our Facebook page for you to learn/practice the routine at home and share with others that would like to participate. If you plan to participate as a Dance Team Leader/Instructor, please email your name, email address and phone number to Regina at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (757) 550-0450 and let us know how you plan to participate and if you have any questions.
Pembroke Mall Re-grand Opening - August 4, 2013
Song Clips Used in the Video: "Mercy" by Duffy [Cha-Cha], "I Like The" by New Kids on the Block [Swing/Jive], and "Hot Stuff" by The Pussycat Dolls [Hustle]
Aug. 4th Video - Pembroke Mall
Sarah Beth Stone
Damir Abdullaev (Music)
A Time to Dance and Rants Ballroom Co. donated floor space for rehearsals. And we filmed the video at Rants Ballroom Co.
Allie Pietrowski (Choreographer)
Gina Hanvey (Choreographer)
Tammy Potter (Choreographer)
Regina Dinoso (Mad Scientist)
PHOTOS FROM THE AUGUST 4TH FLASH MOB AT PEMBROKE MALL
• To promote ballroom dancing in Hampton Roads
• Share this video with everyone you know that likes to dance
• Locate Dance Team Leaders, promote classes for flash mob & collaborate
• Fill Pembroke Mall on Aug. 4th, 2013 at 3:00 to perform at 3:15pm & Sept. 21st, 2013 at 10:45 to perform at 11:00am.
• August 4th at 3:15pm at the Grand Re-Opening Ceremony followed by a Free Country Music Concert at 3:30.(Shoppers will be aware of the concert but have no knowledge of the Flash Mob that will happen 15 minutes prior to it.)
• Our 2nd Flash Mob is during National Ballroom Dance Week. This year it is Sept 20th through Sept. 29th.
• Sept 21st at 11:00 am the Chapter is putting together a Day of Dance from 11am to 3pm with participating studios to showcase performances in the center of the mall. Flash mob dancers will surprise shoppers as the kickoff for the Day of Dance. Afterwards, dancers will disperse and the Dance Team Leaders will invite shoppers to enjoy the show in the main staging area.
• The routine for the Flash Mob consist of 3 songs with 3 separate routines, a Cha Cha, Swing/Jive and Hustle. You can participate in part of the routine or the entire thing.
• All Team Leaders will be identified wearing combo of Red, White & Blue with red flower.
• Participants will need to stage around a Dance Leader and be ready to dance when they hear the music. The leaders will begin & everyone else will filter in during the Cha Cha. You can practice this in classes or jump in as soon as you are ready after the leader begins.
• You don’t have to have a partner. If you don’t, you can walk off after the Jive/Hustle portion and watch the group, take pictures or go shopping.
• All participants will begin the 1st part facing the same direction as their Dance Team Leader
• If you have a partner, begin dancing next to them during the Cha Cha.
• At the end of the Cha Cha, strike a pose then face your partner and make room to pass them for the next section. If you don’t have a partner, just stand between either 2 follows or 2 leads.
• At the end of the Swing/Jive, strike a pose then get into dance frame if you have a partner for the Hustle. If you don’t have a partner, you can become an observer and take pictures or walk off as if it never happened.
• At the end of the Hustle, all dancers will walk off as if nothing happened.
• Affordable classes are being offered in July, August & September at various locations in Hampton Roads. See our list of participating studios.
• FOR ANY QUESTIONS, call (757) 550-0450
PLACES OFFERING THE FLASH MOB ROUTINE
2924 N. Lynnhaven Road, Virginia Beach, VA
Sundays: Starting on Sep. 8th, 2013, 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Cost: $7 per class
Call (757) 621-6726 for more information.
5721 Arrowhead Drive, Virginia Beach, VA
Tuesdays: Starting on Sep. 3rd, 2013, 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Call (757) 473-3267 for more information.
DANCE TEAM LEADER LOCATIONS
Please periodically check this floor plan for updates to group placements.
Note: Hover your cursor over the pink squares to show the group info.
Represented Studio(s): Dance, Virgina!
Team Leader: Ron Dinoso
Location: In front of FootLocker
Represented Studio(s): YMCA
Team Leader: Tammy Potter
Location: In front of Journey's
Represented Studio(s): YMCA
Team Leader: Bonnie Hackett
Location: In front of Upscale Men's Fashion
Represented Studio(s): USA Dance
Team Leader: Regina Dinoso
Location: In front of Glisten
Represented Studio(s): Rants Ballroom
Team Leader: Marie Rants
Location: In front of Zales
Represented Studio(s): Independent
Team Leader: Gina Hanvey
Location: In front of Game Stop
Represented Studio(s): A Time to Dance
Team Leader: Allie
Location: In front of Claire's
Represented Studio(s): A Step Above
Team Leader: Alan Hedgpeth
Location: In front of Kay Jewelers
Represented Studio(s): Soul Steppers
Team Leader: Linda Gray
Location: Across Kay Jewelers; in front of empty store.
Represented Studio(s): Town Centre Dance
Location: In front of Hot Topics
Phone: + (1) 757-550-0450